2008 - Present
NADA Global / Nerland.co
- Improved reach by creating mobile-first responsive themes and converting existing layouts to mobile friendly responsive ones. The company has since transitioned from creating mobile-only sites to making responsive ones.
- Boost site usability by making it easier to search for and filter historic events for The African American Registry.
- Refined user experience by introducing both minor and major user interface/layout/site structure changes.
2011 - 2012
Avenue Web Media
- Enhanced the work flow for distributed content editors and eliminated the need to do a build process after every site update by converting the site into Drupal and providing editors with improved moderation tools to have them go through and approve changes quicker.
- Developed functonality for a global architecture and design firm to create and deploy branch / region sites quickly and allowed the subsites to pull content from the global site as well as use their own region specific content.
- Implemented a feature that allowed users to select from any of the content of the site and convert these to a generated PDF with a cover, table of contents, and different layouts for various content types.
- Built a system that imported and synced Drupal data into a custom built PHP/jQuery UI CRM. Changes from the Drupal end would carry over to the CRM and vice versa, and a revision system was introduced to keep track of the edits.
2003 - 2011
Web Development Head
- Improved site performance by developing and refining the caching mechanisms and database queries for Mynimo.com, Cebu's biggest jobs site.
- Created standard Drupal and Wordpress bundled packages that cut down initial development / setup time.
- Increased traffic by 40% for a niche ecommerce site by improving its Search Engine Rankings.
- Improved sell-through rate for the same niche ecommerce site by streamlining the registration and checkout experience.
- Worked directly with clients with minimal technical knowledge and helped them establish and enhance their online presence.